May 16, 2017

The Tattle Mission: To Collect, Analyze, Act & Improve

tinku saini tarka indian kitchen quote

The customer experience is the most important part of any business. So why are companies not closing the loop and getting insights directly from their customers?

Here at Tattle we have always seen guest feedback collection as the number one way to understand and improve the customer journey. Even the idea of having an easy way for the guest to communicate directly with your business is paramount in giving the customer a voice and showing them you care.

The facts back this up. Companies lose more than $62 billion a year due to poor customer service. That’s the difference maker between a successful business and no business at all. But restaurants are using outdated tools to collect feedback. Website contact forms have historically low engagement. The barriers to entry are too high. Targeting customers with receipt-based surveys do not work in the digital age when nobody looks at or takes paper anymore. Ditto for customer comment cards. Desktop surveys also create real barriers to entry. The completion of these surveys happens much later, if at all. And by then the vividness and emotionality of the experience have long since dissipated.

When people have a negative customer experience they will take action 91% of the time! But only 4% will speak up directly and have that confrontation with the business. That leaves the other 96% to do one of the following:

  • 80% will tell friends and family about their negative experience
  • 51% will never return or do business with your company again
  • 42% will take revenge by posting an online review or detailing their experience on social media
  • 5% will actually contact the media

Once any of these actions occur, a business can only do damage control. Forms of social media monitoring put a business squarely in the defensive position. Yeah you may be able to save the person’s business but the damage has been done. The incident is out there for the world to see.

Tattle’s frictionless top of funnel platform works as a net to collect your guests feedback while they are onsite, whether they are a first time guest or a regular. We have worked tirelessly to create a solution that empowers customers to communicate directly with businesses. And the results are in — Tattle is seeing unprecedented levels of engagement and interaction:

  • 94% of all feedback is collected from guests while they are onsite or within a 0.3 mile radius of the business
  • 99% of guests complete the survey once they land on the mobile white-labeled site
  • Average surveys range from 15 – 20 questions allowing businesses to collect tens-of-thousands of data points per location per month
  • 10x engagement in comparison to our competitors, open-forums, and social media